Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Friday!!!

Wow, it's Friday again - and looking forward to the weekend - we have a trip to Traverse City and then a funeral back here in Owosso - some fun, some not so fun, but that's how it goes, huh.  

Last night I needed to make a birthday card for a friend, and after looking thru my folders full of ideas (from some very creative and artistic stampers), this is what I came up with.  It is CASE'd from someone - sorry I don't remember who, but if you know, please let me know so I can give the creator credit.  I copied it to a folder and somehow neglected to copy her name. 


I love this card - I love butterflies ... the supplies I used (all Stampin' Up!, of course) are Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Whisper White cardstock, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive and Basic Black ink, Butterfly and Eyelet Border Punches (whoo hoo - all in our current catalog!!) along with these stamp sets:  Upsy Daisy and Curvy Verses (both currently available) and Punch Posies which is now retired.  Sometimes it is soooo difficult to give up our favorite stamp sets - and colors - and embellishments, etc.  But with so many new and exciting things in the new catty, I know it won't be long before I have new faves, as you will too. 

Hope you like this card - I do like to punch out or cut out a stamped image and add it to my cards with Dimensionals - for that "popped up" effect.  I have made it in several color combos so play around and let me know what you like the best.

Hugs and prayers and may God Bless you and your family, Sassy Shirley


1 comment:

Nichole05 said...

Your work is beautiful! :)