Friday, July 8, 2011

Black Beauty

Greetings on a Friday - hurray for the weekend!!  This has been a busy week (aren't they all - for all of us??!!) so this will be quick.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for our VC Blog Hop where you can visit a whole bunch of blogs and see what we have been up to.

Here's a card I love to make - can be a bit messy (or is that just me??), but such beautiful results can happen with different colors. Let me know which you prefer and I will send one of you that card along with a blank one for you to finish as you like. 

These cards were done with the same color markers but using either   black or vanilla embossing powder - what a difference in the "pop" of the colors.After the marker colors dry a bit, you will see that the color on the embossed parts fades away, leaving the cardstock colored parts showing.  Hope that makes sense ... you will want to softly wipe with a tissue after they dry before you send them or your recipient may get other colors on their hands! 

For these cards, I used retired products - Lovely Lilac c/s and the markers are Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst (miss that color!!), Orchid Opulence, YoYo Yellow and (non-retired) Always Artichoke.  I used Mellow Moss for the Black but Always Artichoke for the Vanilla as the other colors were too dark or not dark enough, I thought. 

 For this card, I used current SU colors:  Rich Razzleberry c/s with these markers: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Daffodil Delight and I did use Always Artichoke for both cards.

 I added this pix so you can see the shine from the embossing powder as the other pix didn't show it.  I added retired Lovely Lilac Grosgrain and a sentiment using a couple SU Oval Punches.

Send me pix if you try this yourself (at stampershirley@gmail.com) - experiment with your colors and have fun!! This is my fave background stamp to use for this, but SU has and has had many stamps that would work - I still like to use Stipple Rose too.  And no, I am not a hoarder, just a pack rat!!  After all, if I would have gotten rid of all my retired In-Color ink pads, I would have had to purchase some of them again after they came back in the line-up!  See, I saved money ....

See you right back here tomorrow!!  Come prepared to get excited and enthused with all the creations!!

Hugs, and God Bless you all, Shirley

3 comments:

littlebitoftoto said...

Love the black one....how pretty

StamperShirley said...

Okay, littlebitoftoto, you are the only one who commented, so you will receive the card plus a blank one for your fun!! Just send me your info so I can mail it to you! Send it to stampershirley@gmail.com, please.

Terrence Mercer said...

Grreat read thankyou