Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's time for our July Blog Hop!!!!

Yippee ... VC-Rocks July Blog Hop is here!!!!! 

Once again, it is time to find my way into my stamp cave, dust off my stamp pads and get creative.  I love to stamp and use my creative juices, but I just get busy and lazy.  So I am always glad when I get pushed a bit. This month's theme is Hostess Gifts or other non-card items.

You may be arrived here from Elizabeth's blog at  http://www.elizabethsstamproom.blogspot.com/  - such talent!!  Or you may have just stopped by my blog - in which case, I apologize for not being better at posting more often.  It's that's old busy/lazy syndrome, you know ..... OR ... you can go to our home blog at www.vcrocks.blogspot.com at any time to find the complete list of bloggers this month.  Remember that we also have a blogger on our home page so don't miss it!

For my project this month, I chose this Brag Book.  I love making and giving these little photo albums -so easy and your options are wide open as for decorating, depending on the occasion. This one was made for a friend who is in the hospital so she can keep pictures of  her family close by.


 
Above is the front and below is the inside.

Here are the particulars on making these yourself.  If I can help you with supplies at any time, be sure to call me.  I love being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and love all the choices of materials to use for indulging in my fun times. 

Clear Envelope Brag Book    (I got this SCS, made by Corinne Somerville)
Supplies:
4 3/4" x 9 1/4" piece of cardstock for back and spine of book
4 3/4" x 6 1/4" piece of cardstock for front of book
Additional cardstock or patterned paper  and accessories  to decorate                                    
Paper cutter with scoring tool
1/16" handheld circle punch                                              
Clear Envelopes (SU #102619)
Brads
Sticky Strip™ (SU #104294)

Decorate as desired – for my project, I used:   Cardstock: Midnight Muse (love this new In-Color), Rich Razzleberry, More Mustard, Old Olive;  Language of Friendship stamp set,   Accessories:  Scallop Circle, Extra Large Oval and Itty Bitty Shapes Punches; Rich Razzleberry Brads from Brights collection; Pearls Basic Jewel for the bird’s eye


Step-by-Step Directions
Step 1: Score your 4 3/4" x 9 1/4" piece of cardstock at 1" and 2" on the 9 1/4" side.
Step 2: Fold your cardstock over at the 2" score mark. This will form the spine of your book.
Step 3: Apply Sticky Strip™ to the end of the front panel.
Step 4: Adhere the 6 1/4" x 4 3/4" piece of cardstock (your front cover) to the exposed Sticky Strip™.   Step 5: Peel the plastic lining of your clear envelope seal, line the envelope up with the back of your book and tape down. Layer all envelopes on top of each other.  Five envelopes were used here. The envelopes will serve as page protectors for your photos.
Step 6: Use your hole punch to make holes for your brads. You can use your thumb as a ruler on both ends.  The punch will go through both all the cardstock and envelopes with no problem
Step 7: Attach your brads.     Variation: Eyelets and ribbon can be used here instead of brads.
Step 8: Decorate brag book to whatever theme that will hold your photos.

I include one of SU’s clear cellophane bags so if it can be used in a purse, etc. without damaging it.  Another option, depending on the accessories you use, would be to cover it with clear contact paper.


Hope you enjoy this month's project - let me know what you decide to create and sometime before our next month's blog hop I will draw for a prize (yet to be determined, but I've been busy cleaning out my stamp cave so have lots of items that are moving out!  

Your next stop on this month''s Blog Hop is Brenda at http://brendasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/ - I love checking out lots of blogs as often as I can!  And remember, if at any time you hit a snag or get lost, you can always go back to our group's Blog and find the next stop.  We don't like it, but problems do arise and sometimes our blog links just do not cooperate. 

God Bless you all ..... Hugs, Sassy Shirley



10 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

Great project! Thanks so much for posting the directions for it!

Brenda said...

Super brag book -- what a great gift to give or receive. Thanks so much for the instructions.

Elizabeth said...

What a thoughtful gift! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!

creations by jackie said...

Great Brag book and your directions were awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Great idea for a sick friend! Great directions. tfs

Tania said...

Wonderful book. I appreciate the clear instructions.

Vickie Kertz said...

Oh so cute. I can see this coming in handy.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very cute! I may try to make one of these as my Grandma Brag Book. TFS!

Carey said...

Look at those great directions. Thank you so much for including these.

Carey and Roscoe

Unknown said...

Love love love it