Saturday, August 16, 2014

VC Challenge #1 - August 2014

Not sure how many of the challenges I will get done today (we have 6 today, with 1 card and 1 scrapbook page for each, making 12 projects total.  I have been soooo lazy about scrapping for way too long, so I will do my best to get them all done by our deadline of Monday, if not today.

Here is my first card - the challenge was to CASE (copy and share everything) from the catalog or mini.  I chose to make the card on page 56 using Blooming with Kindness stamp set.  It is a 1 layer card, which I almost never ever do.  So, to keep up with me being me, I trimmed the white and added a layer of Crisp Cantalope to the back for a card - what can I say, I like to add color!!
   

Here's my first scrapbook page for the day of challenges ... it is my first great-grandson Zaiden, who was born on May 2, 2014.  I continued my goal of using as much of my retired DSP as I can before moving (somewhere, God has not confirmed where - or exactly when - that will be, but I rest in His Word that He will take care of me.)

 
If you are not a 'collector' of things stamping and scrapping, you just cannot imagine what a challenge it is for me to use these papers that cannot be replaced.  The embellishments, etc. don't bother me much, but the papers do.  But I am down to one box now, instead of 2, so that is a good thing!  Onward I go .... 

Have a great day, and may God bless you and your family with lots and lots of love, peace and good health.  Hugs, Shirley

No comments: