Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Masculine Challenge cards

Over at our VC Rocks group, we had another challenge (every week!!), and this week we were to make a masculine card, like a man would make for a man.  I told Larry what I was going to do and he decided he should have a say in the stamps and colors ... he has always liked an older SU set called Artifacts and we chose Soft Suede as the base so we started there.  This is the card we made ..... the supplies we used are the same as for the next card.

When I started to upload the pix to the group, I read all the details ... to punch it up a bit, we could make a fancy fold card, so after Larry went to bed, I made this one. 
When I started to upload the pix to the group, I read all the details ... to punch it up a bit, we could make a fancy fold card, so after Larry went to bed, I made this one.   Here are some other pix of this card with the directions ... 



First, I cut the Soft Suede c/s:  the base is 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" - score at 5 1/4:"; the inside folded part is 8 1/2" x 3 1/4" and scored at 4 1/4".  I layered the inside part on black c/s cut 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" and I added a piece of Crumb Cake c/s 4"x3" for the writing.  the other side of this flap (the top part of the smaller part (huh???) I layered Baja Breeze cut 4"x3 1/8", and top layer is Very Vanilla stamped with Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Basic Black images from the Artifacts stamp set, then sponged Soft Suede all over to make it 'dirtier', per the man in charge.  The top flap of the larger piece is layered with Baja Breeze and some DSP I had that kinda goes with these colors - not exactly, but looks good.  

So there is my Fancy Fold Masculine Card along with the regular folded Masculine Card for this Challenge ... hope you like them both.  

Hugs and God Bless, Shirley



.  

No comments: