Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Guess what ... VC Rocks is in full swing, so that means we will be having monthly blog-hops once again!! I can't believe how lazy I have been - I have not posted since last September!  Shame, shame, shame.

So, here is my blog post for today - Wednesday, May 21st .... we are having a blog hop this coming weekend, so come back for some awesome projects from my friends (and me!!)

I have been participating in a few swaps the past few months. What do I mean by a swap, you ask?  No, we don't swap children, or homes ... but cards!  I make a card for each participant and they do the same.  Today I will post the cards I made for the last one (I don't want to post the ones I just made since my friends have not received theirs yet, so will do last month's swap).


My first card uses one of my fave colors, Rich Razzleberry with Whisper White cardstock, Razzleberry ink and 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon. I stamped the flower from Blooming with Kindness using Razzlebery ink and filled in the color using my Blender Pen.  Then I added Dazzling Diamonds for shimmer.  Oh yes, the designer paper is our Brights Collection of Double Sided Paper (DSP).


For my second card, I needed a more masculine get-well card, so I picked up one of my staples, Simply Sketched. The cardstock is Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla. I love adding texture so I love using our Embossing Folders, in this case the Woodgrain.  I added a bit of color by sponging over the raised surface with Soft Suede ink.  I added a couple of brown brads too.

Let me know how you like these cards, okay?!!  And be sure to stop back this weekend for our VC Rocks Blog Hop.  Take care and God Bless, Shirley

No comments: